- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2cup minced onion (about 1/2 small onion)
- 1garlic clove, minced
- 4 -6cups chicken broth or 4 -6 cups vegetable broth
- 1(14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1(9 ounce) packagefresh tortellini or 1 (9 ounce) packagedried tortellini
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
- 10ounces fresh spinach or 10 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
- 1⁄4cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic, stirring often until onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
- Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
- When tortellini is almost done, add spinach and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.6
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 10 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 27 mg
- Sodium 1210.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 17.1 g