- 1large head romaine lettuce (washed over and thoroughly dried)
- 1 1⁄2cups garlic-flavored croutons (or to taste, see Kittencal's Garlic Croutons)
- parmesan cheese
- freshly grated black pepper (to taste)
- 2anchovy fillets (or to taste)
- 2fresh garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing Hellman's is best)
- 1⁄4cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard (Hellman's Dijonnaise is best!)
- salt and pepper
- 2teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (or to taste) (optional)
- buttermilk or half-and-half, for thinning
- In a small 2-cup mini food processor, process/mince the anchovy fillets and garlic together until finely minced (do this together and firstly, otherwise it will not get minced properly with the other ingredients).
- Add in the remaining ingredients, and process for 30 seconds, or more until well mixed.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Thin with buttermilk (or milk) for a thinner consistency if desired.
- Store in fridge, covered in a glass container for 3 or more hours before using (the flavors become stronger when left in the fridge for a longer time).
- Toss desired amount of dressing with Romaine lettuce and croutons.
- Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.6
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 843.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g