- 1⁄2cup butter (can use hard margarine)
- 1⁄2cup all-purpose flour
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2teaspoon black pepper (more is better, I use freshly ground pepper)
- 4cups pan drippings (or see options below the recipe)
- Drain the pan drippings for the roasted turkey through a fine strainer.
- Let sit and then remove any fat from the top of the drippings.
- Add in chicken broth or water to make 4 cups if necessary.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine or butter.
- Add in lots of black pepper.
- Add in 1/2 cup flour plus 3 tablespoons; constantly whisk for about 3 minutes over low heat.
- Slowly add in the 4 cups turkey broth/drippings; whisk constantly over medium-low heat until bubbly and thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Use right away or keep warm over lowest heat setting, whisk again before serving.
- **OPTIONS** to make this gravy using all chicken broth prepare as directed using 4 cups low sodium chicken broth and 1 tablespoon chicken boullion powder —- or you may add in low sodium chicken broth omitting bouillon powder to pan drippings to make up 4 cups.
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 162.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2 g