- 1 1⁄2cups all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2cups milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk.
- Start with 1 1/4 cups milk, adding up to another 1/4 cup if necessary, as you mix it with the flour.
- Add the two eggs, vanilla if using and oil, whisking until mixed but still a bit lumpy.
- Heat a frying pan (if it is not non-stick, you will need to melt a bit of butter or oil in it) and when hot, pour in some pancake mix.
- How much depends on how experienced you are at flipping pancakes and how big you want them. We do about 1/4 cup a time for small, easy-to-flip pancakes but you could make this as much as 1/2 cup of pancake mix.
- If you are adding fruit, I like to sprinkle it on top of the pancake now.
- When the pancake starts to bubble on top and is golden brown on the cooked side, turn it and continue cooking until both sides are golden brown.
- The first pancake is always a bit of a test so adjust the batter by adding more flour if you need to make it thicker or more milk if you want a thinner pancake. In either case, just add a few spoonfuls at a time until you get it right.
- Repeat the cooking process with the remaining batter. You may need to adjust the heat as pan tends to get hotter as you keep making pancakes.
- Keep the cooked pancakes covered with a tea towel, to keep them warm while you finish cooking the rest.
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.4
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 138.2 mg
- Sodium 937.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 14 g