1 hours 32 minutesPrint
- 1cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2cup icing sugar or 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1⁄4cup red maraschino cherry
- 1⁄4cup green maraschino cherry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, combine butter, flour, icing sugar and vanilla extract; mix until mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Spoon out dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets by teaspoonfuls or by tablespoons for larger cookies, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Cut maraschino cherries into quarters and place one piece in the middle of each cookie, alternating with red and green cherries.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until bottom of cookies are lightly browned, DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onto wire racks to finish cooling.
- Store in a container with a lid and separate each layer with wax paper.
- NOTE: If you wish to add some flavor to the cookies, add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract or almond extract.
- Use sprinkles, half an almond or half a cashew or chocolate to the top of the cookies before baking.
- A thumbprint in the cookie, filled with your choice of jam is very tasty.
- It has been suggested that the cookies be refrigerated for at least 1/2 hour before baking for a different texture.
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 67.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g