1 hours 10 minutesPrint
- 3⁄4cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon (See note)
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground ginger (See note)
- 1⁄4teaspoon ground cloves (See note)
- 2large eggs
- 1(15 ounce) canlibby's 100% pumpkin puree
- 1(12 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- whipped cream (optional)
- Note: Substitute 1-3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon, ginger, and cloves; the taste will be slightly different.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving for best results!
- Do not overcook; overcooking leads to pie cracking in the middle.
- Try to bake the day you will serve the pie. Cooking in advance can make the crust soggy. If you have to bake a day before serving, pop the pie in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes and it should bring the crust back to life!
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.9
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 326.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g