- 1cup olive oil (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1extra large lemon, juice of (can use 2 lemons ( make certain that the lemon is at room temperature before squeezing)
- 2 -4teaspoons dried oregano (start with 2 teaspoons)
- 3teaspoons fresh minced garlic (about 2 medium cloves)
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- SALAD INGREDIENTS
- 1large romaine lettuce, chopped (or use 2 small)
- 2 -3plum tomatoes, cut in wedges (use Roma tomatoes)
- 1English cucumber (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 1red onion, cut in slices
- 1green bell pepper (seeded and cut into rings or sliced) (optional)
- 1⁄2lb feta cheese, crumbled (or to taste)
- 1cup kalamata olive
- For the dressing; in a processor or use a wire whisk process/whisk the olive oil with lemon juice, 2 teaspoons dried oregano, garlic, dried, basil, red wine vinegar, salt and sugar until smooth (add in more oregano and lemon juice if needed).
- Season with black pepper.
- Chill in fridge for a couple of hours before using to blend flavors.
- Place the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over; toss to combine.
- If desired allow the salad to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving, or you can refrigerate for 1 hour (tossing a few time during sitting time).
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.7
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 47 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 795.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g