- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4cups sugar (add in more for a sweeter taste)
- 1 1⁄4cups milk
- 1 -2teaspoon vanilla (optional) or 1 -2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3teaspoons baking powder
- 1pinch salt
- 1large egg (optional)
- 1⁄2cup brown sugar (can use more or less)
- 1 -2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4cup melted butter
- chopped walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish, or two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans (although the batter will seem like it will fit into only one 8 or 9-inch pan, this flop rises very high and will run over the sides if baked in just one pan).
- In a bowl mix the 2 cups flour, 1-1/4 cups white sugar, milk, vanilla or almond extract, baking powder, pinch of salt and egg (if using) until just combined careful not to overmix.
- Pour into prepared baking pan/s.
- Generously spread brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- If desired sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans over top.
- Drizzle melted butter over top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes for 8 or 9-inch round cake pan, and about 30 minutes for a 13 x 9-inch pan.
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 183.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 35.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g