- 8large potatoes, peeled, cut into large wedges (about 6-7 wedges per potato)
- 4garlic cloves, minced (more garlic is a good thing, less garlic is a no-no for this recipe)
- 1⁄2cup olive oil
- 1cup water
- 1tablespoon dried oregano (get the Mediterranean, it's the best!)
- 1lemon, juiced
- sea salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 420°F A reviewer has suggested spraying the baking pan with Pam – that sounds like a great idea!
- Put all the ingredients into a baking pan large enough to hold them.
- Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Make sure your hands are very clean and put them in the pan and give everything a toss to distribute.
- The garlic will drop into the water/oil solution but its flavour will permeate the potatoes, and this way, it won’t burn.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- When a nice golden-brown crust has formed on the potatoes, give them a stir to bring the white underside up, season lightly with a bit more sea salt and pepper and just a light sprinkling of oregano.
- Add 1/2 cup more water if pan appears to be getting dry, and pop back into oven to brown other side of potatoes.
- This will take about another 40 minutes.
- Do not be afraid of overcooking the potatoes- they will be delicious.
- Note: I often melt a bouillon cube in the water; if you do, make sure to cut back some on the salt.
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 23.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g