8 hours 10 minutesPrint
- 1 -2lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1(18 ounce) jarof your favorite barbecue sauce (I love K.C. Masterpiece!)
- 1medium sweet onion, sliced
- 4 -6hamburger buns
- Remove all visible fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot.
- Place the onion slices on top of the chicken.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over top.
- You may not need the entire jar, just enough to cover the chicken.
- Cook it on LOW for 8 hours or until the chicken is nice and tender.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and knife; scoop the mixture onto the bottom buns and top it with the top buns.
- Or, if you’re like my dad, you might prefer leaving the breasts whole and eating it that way.
- An easy weeknight meal that doesn’t heat up your kitchen in the summertime!
- I love this with potato chips and a carrot and raisin salad.
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1529.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 40.5 g
- Protein 28.5 g