- 1(1 lb) box penne or 1 (1 lb) box penne rigate, cooked as directed, drained and kept hot
- 2tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4cup chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 3⁄4cup milk
- 2teaspoons parsley flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄3cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter and add garlic in a medium sauce pan.
- Cook over medium for 1 minute.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth and milk and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add parsley, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.8
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 230.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.8 g