1 hours 45 minutesPrint
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1cup minced white onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1⁄2cup chopped zucchini
- 1⁄2cup frozen cut Italian cut green beans
- 1⁄4cup minced celery (about 1/2 stalk)
- 4teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 4cups vegetable broth (Swanson is good *note ( Do not use chicken broth!*)
- 2(15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2(15 ounce) cans small white beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 1(14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2cup carrot (julienned or shredded)
- 2tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4teaspoon dried thyme
- 3cups hot water
- 4cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2cup small shell pasta
- Heat three tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Saute onion, celery, garlic, green beans, and zucchini in the oil for 5 minutes or until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add vegetable broth to pot, plus drained tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water, and spices.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add spinach leaves and pasta and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Makes about eight 1 1/2 cup servings.
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 471.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 19.2 g