- 3⁄4cup finely chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2tablespoons oil
- 1egg, lightly beaten (or more eggs if you like)
- 3drops soy sauce
- 3drops sesame oil
- 8ounces cooked lean boneless pork or 8 ounces chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2cup finely chopped carrot (very small)
- 1⁄2cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4cups cold cooked rice, grains separated (preferably medium grain)
- 4green onions, chopped
- 2cups bean sprouts
- 2tablespoons light soy sauce (add more if you like)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok.
- Allow wok to cool slightly.
- Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
- Add 1/2 tbsp oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.
- Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.8
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 80 mg
- Sodium 606.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 22.3 g