1 hours 30 minutesPrint
- 2lbs lean ground beef
- 8 -10slices white bread, broken into small 1/2 inch pieces (or you can use rolls or any stale bread you have and want to use up)
- 2eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1teaspoon italian seasoning (or to taste)
- 2teaspoons parsley flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2cup grated parmesan cheese (or Locatelli)
- 1 -2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil (for frying) or vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix all ingredients gently in a large bowl until well combined.
- Roll meatballs 1 1/2- 1 3/4" in diameter.
- Heat about 1/4" of oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Fry meatballs in oil, rolling frequently, until evenly browned and juices run clear.
- Drop meatballs in your favorite sauce (I highly recommend My Mama Iuliucci’s"Don’t Skip a Step" Spaghetti Sauce recipe#26947) and let simmer for awhile to flavor sauce or just serve with your favorite pasta and sauce.
- Tip: You can also bake or broil these if the frying part is too much of a hassle– I use my broiler pan if I bake them, so the fat drips down and away from the meatballs.
Serving Size: 1 (1242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 27.3 mg
- Sodium 124.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g