2 hours 25 minutesPrint
- 1(18 ounce) boxchocolate devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄2cups water (amount per cake mix directions)
- 1⁄2cup oil (amount per cake mix directions)
- 3eggs (amount per cake mix directions)
- 1(11 ounce) jarcajeta caramel topping or 1 (11 ounce) jarsmucker caramel topping
- 1(14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1(12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2cup fresh milk
- 1(8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a large 12-cup Bundt pan with nonstick coating.
- Soften the cajeta in the jar in the microwave and pour into the prepared pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan over the cajeta.
- To make the flan: Pour condensed, evaporated and fresh milks into a blender with the cream cheese, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Pour the flan mixture very slowly over the cake batter.
- Spray aluminum foil with non-stick spray (like Pam);.
- cover the pan TIGHTLY with aluminum foil.
- (Covering tightly is very important.) Set the Bundt pan into a large pan and set on the oven rack and slide into the oven.
- Carefully pour hot water into the larger pan to a depth of 2 inches (The Bundt pan will be sitting in 2 inches of water).
- Bake cake for 2 hours (test); do not uncover during this time.
- After two hours, remove cake from water and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Peel off the aluminum foil.
- Invert cake onto a large plate with rim.
- The cajeta will drip down the sides of the cake.
- Cool completely then refrigerate. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Note: Even though the flan is poured on top of the cake batter, it will sink to the bottom of the pan.
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.2
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 166 mg
- Sodium 628.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 13.1 g