- 6slices whole wheat bread
- salt and pepper
- Butter bread slices on both sides.
- Cut an approximately 2 inch circle in the middle of each slice, using a cookie cutter or small glass.
- Place buttered bread slices on a non-stick griddle pan, preheated over medium heat.
- Add a bit of butter to the center of the bread, and gently crack your eggs into the hole.
- Sprinkle eggs with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- When the eggs begin to set around the edge of the hole, flip.
- Finish cooking eggs as you prefer (over easy or over medium).
- The buttered bread "centers" can be grilled or toasted as well to sop up the extra yolk!
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 279 mg
- Sodium 304.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 14.9 g