- 1lb good quality lean ground beef
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2garlic cloves
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 2 -3tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoon horseradish (optional but good) (optional)
- Chop garlic cloves on wooden surface then put in mortar and pestle.
- Add salt and olive oil and make a paste.
- Add this to the meat along with the Worcestershire and horseradish.
- Mix everything and adjust ingredients to suit your taste.
- When you make the patties place an indention in the middle of each one with your thumb (almost all the way through). This keeps the burgers from shrinking. We like ours thick and I like them to stay that way!
- Salt and Pepper according to taste when done.
- An added note on 04-03-06 – Thank you all for your positive feedback. It’s nice to get confirmation on something I thought was good and different.
- Please note that I usually add more ingredients than what is called for above. I nuke a tiny hamburger (meatball size) and taste. I usually add more of everything. The horseradish does not taste like horseradish when cooked. It gives it a flavor note that otherwise wouldn’t be there. Unless you are allergic to it, please try it.
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 405.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 30.4 g