- 2 1⁄2tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons paprika
- 2tablespoons cumin, we love cumin- feel free to adjust to your taste
- 2teaspoons oregano, preferably Mexican oregano
- 1tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons onion flakes (minced dried onion) or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon cayenne pepper, omit if you like it mild and increase if you like it spicier
- 1teaspoon salt, adjust for your taste the salt helps to keep it fresh when storing
- Mix all spices together.
- Store in airtight container. Will keep for 6 months to a year.
- 7 teaspoons of this spice mix is the equivalent of one 1.25 oz packet of store bought taco seasoning. This recipe makes the equivalent of 4 spice packets.
- To make tacos- mix 7 tsp (or 2 T and 1 t) to 1 lb ground meat that has been browned and drained of fat. Add 3/4 cup water and stir to blend. Cook til water has evaporated.
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.3
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 672.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g