1 hours 40 minutesPrint
- 1(10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (cooked according to package directions then hand squeezed dry to remove excess moisture)
- 2cups cooked white rice (use cold rice for this) or 2 cups brown rice (use cold rice for this)
- 1⁄3cup melted butter
- 2cups shredded cheddar cheese (can use feta but reduce to only 1/4-1/3 cup crumbled) or 2 cups swiss cheese (can use feta but reduce to only 1/4-1/3 cup crumbled)
- 3⁄4cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1⁄3cup chopped onions or 2 large green onions, chopped
- 1 -2garlic clove, minced (or 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 3large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4cup milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄8teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄2teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- seasoning salt (to taste or can use white salt)
- 1⁄4cup grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- grated mozzarella cheese (add on the last 5 minutes of baking) (optional)
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease a 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients with a wooden spoon, mixing very well to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered or covered for 25 minutes or until set (over baking will cause a heavier denser texture if you prefer a lighter texture then bake just until set).
- Top with mozzarella cheese the last 5 minutes of baking (if using).
- Note: for a more fluffier texture casserole, 4 eggs may be used.
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.2
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 133.9 mg
- Sodium 498.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 17.5 g