- 1cup strawberry, sliced (Fresh is best, this is about 100-125grams)
- 1⁄2cup milk (nonfat or lowfat okay)
- 1⁄2cup water
- 1⁄4cup caster sugar (about 50g) or 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar (about 50g)
- 1⁄2-2⁄3teaspoon vanilla (extract or flavouring to preference)
- Slice up fresh strawberries until you have enough to fill a one cup measure.
- Add to a blender or food processor, or if you only have a stick mixer, just put it in a large pyrex jug.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- You may want to try this a little bit cooler for summer days, omit the water and add a few ice cubes.
- I only leave out the ice cubes because my food processor can’t handle hard ice.
- Also it does tend to separate if you leave it sitting around for a minute, Don’t let this put you off, just stir it up a bit, it tastes the same, just tends to be more frothy at the top then.
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.8
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 32.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g