1 hours 10 minutesPrint
- 2medium butternut squash (4 to 5 pounds total)
- 6 -8tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2-1teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut off the ends of each butternut squash and discard.
- Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" cubes (large and uniform is best), and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- With clean hands, toss all of the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize.
- Turn the squash while roasting a few times with a spatula to be sure it browns evenly.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve hot.
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.4
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 455.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g