- 1cup red lentil, washed and cleaned
- 4cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄4cup mild onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2cup white potato, peeled and diced
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Place the red lentils in a colandar and rinse.
- Sift through to remove and debris or damaged beans.
- Place the washed and cleaned lentils into a medium pot with the stock, potatoes, onions and paprika.
- Bring the pot to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Loosely place a lid on the pot leaving slightly ajar as to allow some evaporation.
- Cook for 40-40 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place all but 1 cup of the soup into a blender or food processor and blend briefly.
- Return blended soup to the pot with the reserved cup of soup.
- Heat through.
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.2
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 632.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.5 g