1 hours 35 minutesPrint
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 2cloves garlic, pressed
- 1⁄2cup finely chopped onion
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons chili powder
- 3⁄4teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2teaspoon black pepper
- 1(15 ounce) candiced tomatoes, in sauce divided
- 2cups cheddar cheese, shredded (or you can use mexican blend)
- 4large flour tortillas
- 2cups refried beans, with
- 1⁄4teaspoon cumin, added
- 1(10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1(18 ounce) jarhomestyle beef gravy
- for serving
- sour cream
- chopped onion
- chopped lettuce
- chopped tomato
- Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic, making sure to chop ground beef into very fine pieces while cooking.
- Drain off any fat from browning.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, paprika, oregano, chili powder, cumin, pepper, and half of the can of tomatoes with sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While meat is simmering, heat beans with 1/4 tsp.
- cumin, and make gravy.
- For gravy, combine enchilada sauce, beef gravy, and the other half of tomatoes, and heat until almost boiling.
- Soften tortillas according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Assemble burritos.
- On each tortilla, layer 1/4 of the meat mixture, 1/4 of the bean mixture, and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Fold sides of burrito in, then roll from the other sides until you have a”package”.
- Place seam side down in a 13×9 baking dish.
- When all burritos are assembled and in the baking dish, pour sauce mixture over all and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and burritos are heated through.
- Serve each burrito with extra sauce from pan spooned over the top.
- Have sour cream, chopped onions, salsa, jalapenos, chopped lettuce and chopped tomatoes available to sprinkle on as desired.
Serving Size: 1 (737 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1028.4
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.7 g
- Cholesterol 136.9 mg
- Sodium 3080.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.8 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 60.2 g