- 2teaspoons oil
- 2jalapenos, chopped fine
- 2medium onions, chopped medium
- 4garlic cloves, minced (not traditional) (optional)
- 4(14 ounce) cans black beans (or red kidney or pink kidney-black has the most flavor)
- 1(12 ounce) can beer
- In a large pan saute the onions and garlic to just translucent.
- Add the jalapenos and continue to saute until JUST beginning to brown.
- Add the beans, 2 cans rinsed and drained, two with juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for around 1 1/2 hours, adding beer as needed.
- You don’t want the beans to dry out.
- If there’s any remaining beer left drink it.
- Sometimes 2 cans are needed.
- Don’t add salt until dish is done and taste first.
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 5.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 17.6 g