- 3tablespoons chili powder
- 3tablespoons flour
- 1teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon garlic salt
- 1teaspoon oregano
- 3cups water
- 1(8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add enough of the water to make a thin paste.
- Pour into pan and add rest of water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Use in your favorite enchilada recipe.
- The amounts on the ingredients are very flexible.
- For instance, if I am feeding my kids who do not like"spicy", I will halve the chili powder and double the tomato sauce.
- Experiment to suit your taste, but don’t leave out the cocoa.
- For a quick meal, we will soften a corn tortilla in a bit of hot oil, drag it through the sauce, and lay it flat on a plate.
- cover it with grated cheddar cheese, sprinkle with chopped onions and sliced black olives.
- Then cover with another softened sauced tortilla and melt the cheese in the microwave for 1 minute on high.
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 538.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g