1 hours 55 minutesPrint
- 1⁄2lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2lb chorizo sausage, casing removed (not the fully cooked kind)
- 1egg, beaten
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2carrot, minced
- 1⁄2cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon pepper
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- Albondigas Soup
- 6cups chicken broth (I usually use nonfat and low sodium)
- 1⁄2cup onion, chopped
- 3stalks celery, cut in chunks
- 1(16 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with nothing added)
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2cup cilantro
- 1large zucchini, sliced
- Make the meatballs first: Combine everything and mix thoroughly.
- Form meatballs and roll between your palms (Otherwise, meatballs will fall apart in the soup).
- You should make around 20 to 24 meatballs, set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, onion, celery, tomatoes and their liquid, cumin, oregano and cilantro leaves in a large pot.
- Bring to broil, and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drop meatballs in the soup (Make sure the soup is slightly boiling, the meatballs need to be cooked quickly).
- Return to simmer and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- You could top the soup with cooked rice, or just by itself.
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 1106.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4 g
- Protein 18.7 g