- 1lb lean pork loin, sliced thinly (against the grain)
- 1⁄3cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3cup rice wine
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons sugar
- 12ounces Chinese wheat noodles (udon noodles may be substituted)
- 3tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1onion, sliced thin
- 1lb napa cabbage or 1 lb savoy cabbage, sliced very thin
- 3carrots, grated
- 1tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice wine, and sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Cook noodles in boiling water about 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain noodles and rinse under cold water.
- In a large deep skillet or wok, cook onion in oil for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and ginger and cook until cabbage is softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the pork and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Cover the mixture with noodles and pour the sauce over all.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes, the remove the lid and toss the mixture together until it is well combined.
- Place on a serving platter and garnish with chopped scallions, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.3
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 1448.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 37.3 g