- 8 -12chicken drumsticks
- 1cup soy sauce
- 1cup brown sugar, packed
- 1cup water
- 3tablespoons olive oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1teaspoon ginger (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Brown chicken pieces in hot oil.
- While chicken is browning, mix together the soy sauce, sugar, water, and ginger.
- Add the sauce to the chicken.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and let simmer, uncovered, for about 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce has thickened.
- Turn chicken pieces occasionally during cooking process.
- Serve over cooked rice.(We use short grain "sticky rice" prepared in a rice cooker.).
- Serve excess sauce along side, people always seem to want more of it.
- To reduce the calories, skinless chicken may be used.
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.8
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 118.3 mg
- Sodium 4160.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 54.6 g
- Protein 35.8 g