- 1 1⁄2lbs beef, cut into chunks (splurge on the cut if you can)
- 1⁄4cup butter
- 1(10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1(10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 4carrots, cut into chunks
- 4large potatoes, cut into chunks (I don't peel carrots or spuds but you can if you like)
- 2stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 4onions, cut into chunks
- 2teaspoons salt
- 1teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1⁄4cup good quality cooking sherry
- 2bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- In a heavy skillet brown the beef in the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the soup and water and stir well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Transfer to a cast iron dutch oven or oven proof pot and cook in the oven, covered for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven, remove bay leaves and serve with Irish Soda Bread and butter.
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1714.5
- Calories from Fat 1199
- Total Fat 133.3 g
- Saturated Fat 57.7 g
- Cholesterol 199.1 mg
- Sodium 1688.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 24.9 g