- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 3bay leaves
- 2lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2 (with some fat left on the meat)
- 1large yellow onion, peeled and cut into 1/4
- 2garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1teaspoon dried thyme
- 1teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 -3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4cup beef stock (or use canned)
- 1⁄2cup Guinness stout
- 1tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2lb carrot, sliced
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat a 6 quart stove top casserole or oven proof pot and add the oil and the bay leaves.
- Cook the bay leaves for a moment and then add the meat. Brown the meat on both sides on high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for a few minutes until it is clear.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the garlic, thyme, rosemary and flour and stir until smooth.
- Add the beef stock and stout; simmer, stirring until the stew thickens a bit. Add the remaining ingredients and cover.
- Place the pot in the oven at 275 F: for about 2 hours, stirring a couple of times.
- Check for the salt and pepper before serving.
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 405.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 53 g