- 3 -4medium potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
- 2tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8teaspoon pepper
- 2cups chopped cabbage
- 2tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4cup chopped onion
- 2tablespoons butter (for frying)
- Cook potatoes in boiling water till tender; drain, reserving water.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Mash with hand masher till well-mashed.
- (I find the electric mixer makes it too gooey).
- Add milk, salt and pepper and beat till fluffy.
- In the same saucepan as potatoes were cooked in, cook cabbage in reserved potato water for 6 to 8 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in frying pan and saute onion until tender.
- Add mashed potato and cooked cabbage to the onion.
- Heat throughly, stirring constantly.
- Place in a heated serving dish.
- Serve hot, topped with butter.
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 8 g
- Saturated Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 177.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 2.8 g