- 1(16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1onion, diced
- 1teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 5garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -4teaspoon mrcurrys.com curry powder (or your favorite curry powder blend)
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 -3tablespoons olive oil
- Saute onions in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic and curry powder (I use about 3 teaspoon for medium-spicy), stir and cook for another minute or so.
- Add chickpeas and salt and a tablespoon or so of water.
- Cook and stir about a minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring gently.
- Add another spoonful of water if it seems dry or if it’s burning or sticking.
- Serve with flatbread and rice.
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.6
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 1267 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 13 g