- 4cups chicken stock
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 8 -10boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1medium onion
- 1garlic clove (chopped, minced or crushed)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 3⁄4-1teaspoon salt
- 2cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained or 2 cups regular medium grain rice or 2 cups long-grain rice
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bring water to boiling and add chicken bouillon cubes, lower heat and simmer till dissolved–keep it hot.
- Sprinkle chicken with half the spices (except the garlic).
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on med-high to high heat and fry the chicken till both sides are brown, lower heat to medium and remove the chicken to a plate.
- In that same skillet sauté the onions for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and remaining spices and sauté another 2 minutes, then turn off the burner.
- Add the rice and stir for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, till well coated.
- Spread rice in the baking dish and place the chicken thighs over the rice.
- Gently pour in the chicken stock and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 898.4
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 162.3 mg
- Sodium 1210.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 54.9 g