1 hours 40 minutesPrint
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2medium onions (peeled and minced)
- 1clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1tablespoon ground coriander
- 2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 1cup water
- 4cups cooked chickpeas or 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2teaspoons ground roasted cumin seeds
- 1tablespoon amchoor powder
- 2teaspoons paprika
- 1teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2lemon (juiced)
- 1fresh, hot green chili pepper (, , minced)
- 2teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté over a medium heat until browned (3-5 minutes).
- Turn heat to medium-low.
- Add the coriander, cumin (not the roasted cumin), cayenne and turmeric.
- Stir for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes until browned lightly.
- Add chickpeas and a cup of water and stir.
- Add the roasted cumin, amchoor, paprika, garam masala, salt and lemon juice.
- Cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover add the minced chili and ginger.
- Stir and cook uncovered for 30 seconds.
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 678.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 9.1 g