- 6tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 1teaspoon dried oregano (Mediterranean is best)
- 1head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces ((I use Romaine)
- 3large plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1English cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped (the long, thin, almost seedless ones)
- 1medium red onion, cut into thin rings and soaked for 10 minutes in a small bowl of ice water to make it less sharp
- 1small green pepper, cut into thin rings
- 3⁄4cup kalamata olive
- 3⁄4cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until blended.
- Season to taste.
- Drain onion from ice water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine all salad ingredients, except cheese, in large bowl.
- Toss with dressing.
- Sprinkle cheese over and serve.
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.3
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 353.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g