- 1large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2medium onions, chopped
- 2cups chopped fresh tomatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1large red bell peppers or 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 3medium zucchini, sliced
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 3tablespoons dried basil
- 2garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 1⁄2teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1(6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1(5 1/2 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped coarsely
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Sprinkle the eggplant with salt; let stand in a colander 1/2- 1 hour to drain.
- Press out excess moisture.
- Rinse the eggplant with water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the eggplant in crock pot.
- Add onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, olive oil, basil, garlic, pepper and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on high setting about 3 hours or until the vegetables are tender but still hold their shape.
- Stir in the tomato paste, olives, and the fresh basil.
- Serve hot, room temperature or chilled.
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 434 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 5.4 g