10 hours 5 minutesPrint
- 1(5 lb) rump roast
- 1tablespoon garlic powder
- 1tablespoon black pepper (start with 1 tsp)
- 1teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2teaspoon rosemary
- 2instant Oxo or 2 bouillon cubes
- 2(14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1large onion, diced
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on High for 5-6 hours or Low for 8-10.
- Remove the meat from the crock pot and place on a deep plate-to collect juices.
- Strain the broth well so that it is clear and no spices or onions remain.
- Place in a saucepan and keep warm.
- Most people prefer to keep the broth as is but you can stir in a small amount of cornstarch mixed with cold water to thicken it up just a touch.
- (Remember to add the juices that drain off the meat).
- Heat Hoaggie buns to warm and slice the meat thin.
- Place a good amount of sliced meat in each of the buns and offer the Aus Jus in individual ramekins.
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.1
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 212.6 mg
- Sodium 521 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 60.4 g