1 hours 35 minutesPrint
- 2(14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1(10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 2large onions, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2pressed garlic cloves
- 1dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4slices toasted French bread
- Place onions and butter in saucepan.
- Sauté on medium heat until onions are tender.
- Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes (don’t let garlic burn).
- Add beef broth, consomme, and Woschershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Take ovenproof bowls (I use over-sized coffee mugs) and place 0.125 cup of cheese in bottom of each bowl.
- Fill bowl with soup leaving room at the top.
- Place toasted French bread on top.
- Top with 0.125 cup Swiss cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
- Caution–bowls will be hot!
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.3
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 15 g
- Saturated Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 1659 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 19.9 g