- 3tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves (or 1 t dried)
- 2teaspoons minced shallots (or 1 t minced garlic and 1 t minced onion as a substitute for shallot)
- 1⁄2teaspoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1⁄8teaspoon salt
- 4steaks, of your choice (especially good on rib eye, sirloin, and even rich filet mignon)
- Using a fork, combine softened butter, tarragon, shallot (or you can use minced garlic and a bit of minced onion to substitute if you don’t have shallots on hand), lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Using a sheet of wax paper, shape into a log, twist ends tightly and chill for about an hour, until firm.
- Season steaks with pepper and a bit of oil and grill.
- Top hot steaks with a generous slice of butter and serve.
- Leftover butter can be stored in the frige for about a week, tightly wrapped.
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.9 mg
- Sodium 135.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0 g
- Sugars 0 g
- Protein 29.6 g