- 48wonton wrappers
- 1⁄2cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1lb lean ground lamb or 1 lb beef
- 1⁄2teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄2teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2teaspoon cinnamon
- 4sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
- 3sprigs mint, chopped
- 2cups water
- Combine all filling ingredients in heavy sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and stir to keep smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium and let mixture simmer uncovered.
- Correct flavor for spices and salt balance.
- As water simmers away, stir often to prevent mixture from sticking, especially during final stages.
- Cook until all liquid evaporates.
- If ground meat has a lot of fat, drain off at this point.
- Let mixture cool slightly before stuffing.
- Fill won ton wrappers with 1 to 2 tsp of filling. Moisten and press the edges together in a triangle shape.
- Fry the Sanbossas, several at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Place the golden brown Sambossas on paper towel to rid of excess oil. Serve hot or cold with or without chutney.
Serving Size: 1 (1408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 51.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g