- 3medium red onions
- 1⁄2cup spiced butter (also know as tesmi or kbe)
- 1⁄4cup chili paste (also know as d'lk, a hot chili mixed with water, oil and spices)
- 1cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2lbs beef (preferably a beef brisket or any cut of your favorite beef)
- Chop onions into small fine pieces.
- Heat a shallow deep pan, about 3 to 4 inches deep.
- Add half of the spiced butter.
- Once butter is melted add the chopped onions and cook it until the onion is caramelized.
- Be sure not to burn the onions, keep stirring!
- Add the chili paste to the cooked onions.
- Mix it well by adding a drop of water at a time as needed.
- Cook for about 15 minutes by adding a drop of water as you stir to stop it from drying.
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 30 minutes more stirring it often and adding a drop of water as needed to prevent it from drying out.
- Cut beef into small bite sizes, about ½ inch cubes.
- Add beef to the cooking paste and cook covered for about 20 minutes or until it is cooked fully.
- Add the remainder of the spiced butter and mix well.
- Let cook of about 5 more minutes.
- Depending on your personal desire, you may add more water to bring it to the consistency you like.
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.5 mg
- Sodium 218.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1 g
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 25.8 g