- 2 1⁄2cups whole wheat flour
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 1cup water
- cooking spray
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a dough blade, process flour, salt and water until the mixture forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto a floured work surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Let dough rest for 30 to 90 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 7-inch (18-cm) circle.
- Spray a cast-iron griddle or skillet once with cooking spray and set over medium-low heat.
- Cook a chapati for 1 minute.
- Turn over and cook 5 minutes on second side or until chapati bubbles up.
- Flip back to first side and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then place the cooked chapati over the open flame (or on the coils) of a separate burner for a few seconds to brown, as you would a tortilla.
- Keep cooked chapatis warm in the oven while you cook the remaining dough.
- If you prefer a crispy, cracker-like texture, increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake cooked chapatis, on a pizza stone if possible, until crispy, about 10 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g