1 hours 5 minutesPrint
- 4large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1 -2tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4tablespoons water
- 2 -3teaspoons ground ginger or 1 tablespoon freshly ground gingerroot
- 2 -4garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2-1teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350°F.
- Select a sturdy oven dish – preferably non-stick.
- Place the chicken breasts into the baking dish.
- Mix the honey, mustard, water, ginger & crushed garlic (and cayenne pepper if using) together in a measuring jug.
- Pour over the chicken breasts, easing them up slightly so the mixture runs underneath them.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and bake in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve one chicken breast per person with some of the cooking sauce drizzled over the top of the chicken.
- Garnish with chopped parsley & serve with a medley of steamed vegetables & pasta.
- To pan fry, heat up a frying pan and add the chicken breasts – dry fry them briefly to give them a bit of colour and add the cooking sauce, mix well and cook for about 20- 30 minutes over a medium heat.
- Serve as before.
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.2
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 180.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 25.4 g