- 3⁄4cup canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons cornstarch
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 2tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground ginger
- 2teaspoons peanut oil
- 2medium scallions, chopped
- 2medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1 dried chili, minced
- 1lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2cups cooked white rice, kept hot
- In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallions, garlic and pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and sauce and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.4
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 413.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 27.9 g