- 1⁄3cup sesame oil
- 20garlic cloves, minced (yes, twenty!)
- 10slices thin fresh ginger
- 2serrano peppers, thinly sliced with seeds
- 2lbs chicken breasts or 2 lbs chicken thigh pieces, cut up into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄3cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3cup rice wine
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 2cups Thai basil
- 1cup of 1-inch sections scallion
- Heat up the sesame oil in a wok or a large skillet on high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger and serrano peppers, stir fry until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until it’s white in color, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together the soy sauce, rice wine and sugar in a bowl, pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to low.
- Let cook, uncovered, until sauce thickens, about 30 minutes.
- Turn heat back up to high and add basil and scallions, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.4
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 145.3 mg
- Sodium 1491.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 52.2 g