1 hours 30 minutesPrint
- 1lb flank steaks or 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced into narrow strips
- 3⁄4cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2cup water
- 1large carrot, julienned
- 3green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4cup fresh ginger, minced
- 5garlic cloves, minced
- canola oil
- 3tablespoons soy sauce
- 4tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2cup sugar
- 3teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Place cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Add water gradually while whisking.
- Beat eggs into cornstarch mixture.
- Toss in beef and stir to coat.
- Pour 1 inch of oil into wok, heat until boiling hot, but not smoking.
- Add a quarter of the beef to the oil.
- Seperate with a fork and cook, stirring frequently, until crispy, Remove, drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Repeat until all the beef is cooked.
- Drain off all oil except for about 1 tablespoons and add carrots, onion, ginger, and garlic in that order.
- Stir fry briefly over high heat.
- Combine last 5 ingredients and add to vegetable mixture.
- Bring to a boil and then add beef.
- Heat thorough and serve immediately.
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 944.9
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 340.2 mg
- Sodium 1740.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3 g
- Sugars 53.5 g
- Protein 58.9 g