- 1lb boneless chicken breast
- olive oil
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground paprika
- 2garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons fresh ginger, grated or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1bell pepper, any color, seeded and sliced in strips
- 1onion, thinly sliced
- 1tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4flat bread
- Cilantro Cream Sauce
- 1⁄2cup sour cream
- 1⁄8cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1green onion, chopped
- 2teaspoons lime juice
- Mix sauce ingredients together and refrigerate.
- In a non stick skillet over moderate heat warm each flat bread on both sides until warm and soft. Remove from pan, cover with foil and place under a kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Pound chicken breasts a little to flatten and create a more uniform thickness.
- Mix ginger, paprika and garlic powder together, adding salt, pepper and cayenne to taste. Drizzle a little olive oil on the breasts and rub with the spice mixture. If you like spicier food feel free to increase the amounts of seasonings to meet your taste.
- Grill whole chicken breast over medium heat until juices run clear and then slice into strips.
- ~OR~ slice each breast into strips and saute until browned and thoroughly cooked. Add a little oil if needed to prevent sticking. Remove chicken from pan or push to the sides, away from hottest part of pan.
- Add onions and bell peppers to pan and cook just until crisp tender or cooked to your liking.
- To serve:.
- Spread cream sauce on a warm flat bread. Add chicken strips, peppers, onions and tomato.
- Top with additional cream sauce, more salt, pepper or spices IF DESIRED. A squirt of fresh lime is also very tasty and refreshing. Customize it to your liking.
- Fold in half like a taco or roll up like a burrito or a wrap.
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.8
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 99.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 25.3 g