1 hours 10 minutesPrint
- 2teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1large yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1medium red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1(20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄3cup pineapple juice, reserved
- 1(15 ounce) canprogresso black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1(4 1/2 ounce) canold el paso chopped green chilies
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 1(10 ounce) can Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce
- 8whole wheat flour tortillas (8 or 9 inch)
- 1⁄2cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 8teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in pineapple, beans, green chiles and salt. Cook and stir until thoroughly heated. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cilantro and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Spoon and spread 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce onto each tortilla. Spoon about 3/4 cup vegetable mixture over sauce on each. Roll up tortillas; place seam side down in baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix reserved 1/3 cup pineapple juice and remaining enchilada sauce; pour over entire surface of enchiladas in dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Spray sheet of foil large enough to cover baking dish with cooking spray; place sprayed side down over baking dish and seal tightly.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, removing foil during last 5 to 10 minutes of baking, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Top each baked enchilada with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 teaspoon cilantro.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 40-45 minutes, removing foil during last 5 – 10 minutes of baking.
- Submitted by: Mary Iovinelli Buescher.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2006.
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 751.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 17.8 g