- 1⁄2lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8ounces pasta, any kind
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 3green onions, chopped
- 1lemon, juice and zest of, about 2 Tbsp juice
- 2teaspoons red pepper flakes (adjust to taste) or 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, diced (adjust to taste)
- 1teaspoon dried basil, crushed or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1teaspoon salt
- 4tablespoons dry white wine
- 1tomatoes, chopped
- fresh cracked pepper
- Boil the pasta in salted water until it is done to your liking.
- Drain well reserving about 1 cup of pasta water.
- Place pasta in serving bowl or divide among two dinner bowls.
- While pasta water is heating zest and juice lemon and prepare all ingredients. This recipe will go FAST!
- After adding pasta to boiling water, sprinkle a small amount of olive oil in a cold nonstick skillet and smear around with your CLEAN fingers. (Massage oil left on your fingers into your hands – it will make them silky soft.).
- Turn heat on to medium high and let the pan warm for a minute or two. You want the pan to just be warm when you hold your hand over the surface.
- Add the shrimp, garlic, onion, lemon rind, and pepper and cook stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes. Shrimp will just start to turn opaque but not yet pink.
- Add tomatoes, salt, basil, lemon juice, and white wine. Stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. (If using dried basil crush in hand before adding to pan to release oils. A different herb can be substituted if you prefer- just use the same quantity.).
- Add in as much of the 1 cup reserved pasta water as you like- if any- to make as much sauce as you would like.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasonings to your taste. If you would like a more onion or garlic flavor, add onion or garlic powder.
- Spoon over drained pasta and garnish with fresh black pepper or additional pepper flakes if desired.
- Other nice garnishes would be a little chopped parsley or green onion as well as a sprinkling of fresh grated parmesan.
- Light the candles, top off the wine glasses and serve!
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 142.9 mg
- Sodium 1821.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 31.8 g