1 hours 55 minutesPrint
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1large onion
- 4 -5cloves garlic, chopped
- 4boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2teaspoons oregano, separated
- 2teaspoons ground cumin, separated
- 2(16 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1(4 ounce) jarsliced pimientos
- salt & pepper
- 3tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2cups white rice
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and add red pepper flakes.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender.
- Increase heat, add chicken, stirring until cooked.
- Lower heat to medium, add 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp cumin, and simmer 1 minute.
- Add black beans, pimentos, remaining spices, and balsamic vinegar.
- Blend and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, reseasoning if needed.
- While beans are simmering, bring broth to boil in a pan, add rice.
- Lower heat to simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes until rice is fluffy.
- Serve bean mixture over rice.
Serving Size: 1 (626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.6
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 714.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 49.2 g